OILCOMM 2019 ATTENDEES:
WITNESS THE NEXT BIG IDEA IN COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY!
Startup Space takes place in front of a live audience and a panel of expert judges on Thursday, October 3, 2019, right on the OilComm Expo Show Floor!
Back for the second year, all event attendees will have access to Startup Space, a pitch competition where entrepreneurs pitch their business and technology ideas in front of a live audience to a panel of highly accomplished energy, maritime, and transportation professionals, investors, thought leaders, and fellow entrepreneurs. Startup Space is your chance to watch product demonstrations from the most innovative entrepreneurs within the technology industry with creative new ideas on how to shape it!
Ten contestants will be placed into two groups. They are then each given five minutes to pitch their company or product in front of a panel of judges. This will be followed by a five-minute period during which judges will ask questions or make comments to the contestants. Judges will score the presentations based on a standardized set of various categories.
The winners and prizes will be awarded at the reception Thursday night. The single contestant with the highest overall score overall will be named the contest winner and receive the grand prize.
The overall winner will receive:
- Private pitch meetings with major investors
- An interview with OilComm 2019 Chairman Jeffrey Hill to be featured in Via Satellite magazine
- 1 free All-Access pass to OilComm 2020
- 1 free All-Access pass to SATELLITE 2020
- 1 free All-Access pass to CyberSat 2019
- … and more!
- Ted Gutierrez, CEO & Co-Founder, SecurityGate
- Joe Meadows, CEO, OpsLock
- Richard McKinney, President, US Operations, RebelRoam
- Scott Rose, CEO, Tunnel Radio
- Page Heller, CEO, Endpoint Security
- Leigh Tiehen, Director of North American Business, Brainumm
- Hani Elshahawi, Digitalization Lead – Deepwater Technology, Shell
- Judy Ley Allen, Partner, Allen Investments
- Emily B. Ashby, Associate, Porter & Hedges
Companies are edible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Startup Space Contestants must be “start-up” firms, seeking either “Seed / Start-up” or “Series-A” funding, and no larger than 100 employees.
- Contestant companies must be independently owned. They may not be subsidiaries of larger companies, or function as non-profits or divisions of government organizations.
- Contestants must be willing to share a reasonable amount of product and financial information related to their businesses with our judges in a public forum. The event organizers will work with contestants and judges to ensure that sensitive information is protected. Startup Space judges will be the only persons authorized to ask contestants questions during the competition.
- Companies selected to compete must be represented by one of its founders or C-level executive leaders during the pitch.
Interested in being a judge? Contact David Muirhead at +1-484-869-2378 today to discuss the best package for your company!